Advanced Digital Storytelling & Podcast Training
Built on its inaugural program launched in 2019, Good Influence Films offers an 18 week training program to help emerging Indigenous creatives build their media and storytelling skills, industry network and business skills like proposal writing and pitching.
The goal of the program is to help creatives aged 20 – 35 years old with pre-existing digital media skills take the next steps in building careers and preparing them for work opportunities as digital media storytellers and producers.
During the training the participants will participate in uniquely designed skill building modules like advanced narration, advanced editing, and the use of music and sound effects in storytelling by industry area specialists.
They will combine these skills to develop and produce two narrative or process based podcast episodes during the practicum portion of the program. The participants will be provided an $800 budget to be used for the creation of each episode.
Twelve (12) individuals will be invited to participate in the program.
Official Languages: Please note that the Advanced Emerging Indigenous Digital Storytelling Program will be conducted in English.
Program Dates for 2023 – To be Announced!
1) Applicants must have some basic experience with digital storytelling, as well as experience using Reaper, or a similar audio editing software.
2) Applicants must reside in Canada.
3) Applicants must be between the ages of 20-35.
4) Applicants will require access to a computer and reliable internet access. We recommend the following computer specifications:
5) Applicants must be available to attend all training sessions and complete all assignments.
Preference will be given to applicants who are not employed full-time or enrolled in post-secondary education.
Applications Now Closed. To follow our initiatives and be informed about future programs, sign up to our newsletter.