INTRODUCTION TO PODCASTING TRAINING PROGRAM
PUT THE MIC IN YOUR HANDS!
Good Influence Films supports Indigenous youth in amplifying their voices through offering a comprehensive and hands-on 15-week training program in podcasting and digital storytelling.
The program is online and open to Indigenous youth residing in Canada, with a priority to youth living in rural and remote areas.
If you are a young changemaker between 20 and 35 with a desire to share stories from your community and host cross-cultural conversations, apply today!
Good Influence Film’s Introduction to Podcasting Training Program includes uniquely designed skill building modules, including:
- protocols for telling Indigenous stories
- interviewing skills
- sound recording
- sound editing
- proposal writing
The original curriculum was developed with One Dish One Mic founders Sean Vanderklis and Karl Dockstader, and the training will be led by industry professionals, who have hands-on experience in podcasting and broadcasting.
The training program includes skill building modules as well as a practicum phase where each participant will have the opportunity to host and create 3 interview-style podcast episodes. The practicum stage includes:
- One-one and/or group mentoring
- A budget and cash contribution of $250 per episode (up to a total of $750 over the duration of the program) towards production costs
Participants will graduate from the Introduction to Podcasting Training Program with 3 completed episodes which will be released on the Indigenous 150+ podcast platform. The participants will also be provided with a professional microphone or $100 towards additional gear if they already have a suitable microphone.
Twelve (12) individuals will be invited to participate in the Introduction to Podcasting Training Program.
Program dates: Week of March 21st, 2022 – July 16th, 2022
16 weeks (not including week of May 9th which is a 1 week hiatus)
2 x 2 hr 15 min training modules will be held per week plus a 1.5 hr mentoring session. Additional exercises may be assigned.
Skill Building Modules and Practicums will take place during the following windows:
Tuesdays and Thursdays 3pm – 7pm ET. Exact times to be confirmed.
Mentoring sessions will be scheduled M-F between 12 – 7pm ET.
An estimated 8 hours per week (including the mandatory modules) are required to successfully complete the program.
The total time required to successfully complete the Introduction to Podcasting Training Program is approximately 120 hours. A commitment to attending all sessions is mandatory for acceptance into the program.
Official Languages: Please note that the program will be conducted in English.
1) Applicants must have some strong computer skills, and a desire to build their communications skills. Previous media skills are an asset but not mandatory.
2) Applicants must reside in Canada.
3) Applicants must be between the ages of 20-35.
4) Applicants will require access to a computer and reliable internet access. We recommend the following computer specifications: 2. 5 GHz Intel i5 Processor, 6 GB HD. Chromebooks do not have the appropriate technical requirements.
5) Applicants must be available to attend all training sessions and complete all assignments.
Preference will be given to applicants who are:
- not employed full-time
- not enrolled in post-secondary education
- live in remote or rural communities
Applications Now Closed. To follow our initiatives and be informed about future programs, sign up to our newsletter.
For questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org